Like US

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Doesn't It All Seem Like A Pale Imitation?

It all seems plastic.
The whole world is full of copy cats and wannabees. 

From music to film, books even sports and politics.   Maybe I'm just getting old.  

Popular music is sounding very much like it did in the seventies disco era.  Lady Gaga is doing Donna Summer. Maroon 5 is doing the BeeGees. Films like the latest Hollywood blockbusters are mostly comic books from when comics were on paper, come to life.  Transformers, Spiderman, Green Lantern, Superman, Star Trek... blah, blah, blah.  I'm not a big hockey fan but I've been hearing for most of my life that phrase repeated every fall; "The Leafs" have a real chance this year! Herman Cain is involved in a sex scandal.  Wow!  that's never happened before.

They say history repeats itself and I guess I've seen enough to notice that myself.
I suppose there's lots of other reasons too.  

What you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi James, yup, it does look like that, even me as I sing in karaoke, after all just covers of great singers.

    In our singsnap library, we now have "copycats" singing versions of originals.

    lol, Karaoke, same thing.

    Noooo, you are not getting "old" my friend. :)

    Keep on writing and singing! ~ Sunny

    ReplyDelete