Like US

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I've Had an Idea for a Short Web Series


The premise is this...

Show the process of writing a song from concept to full production.  Include interviews with writer, band members, arrangers and other creative types.  Try to capture as much of the experience as possible.  I think the episodes should be kept to 3-4 minutes and include a finally show with a live performance of the song.

It will work if...

  • The song is complicated enough to warrant a full production with multiple musicians
  • You have the right people available with the appropriate talents
  • Each person believes in the idea
  • Someone can organize this group of misfits!  Cause this is like herding cats.
I've tried doing things like this before and it can work or not work based on the criteria above and a thousand other things.  I don't see any harm in trying.  The best thing that can happen is that the production turns out great, the song is compelling and the performances hypnotizing or it's a mediocre affair or it is terrible.  We all hope for the best, but I haven't had the success that I want yet.

I think I'm going to start down this path, see where it leads and hopefully pick up some friends and supporters along the way.  I'm hoping this will be something that will work on Blip.tv or another network.

James

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great idea James, and though you may not have had the success you were after yet, the more often you try it the better your odds will be of getting something you'll be happy with.

    All good things in time, yes?

    ReplyDelete