Like US

Friday, January 14, 2011

Where did Pluto Go?

I think I miss Pluto.  It's no longer a planet. It was demoted to a dwarf planet.  A fate I wouldn't wish on anyone.


Memories are strongest from when we are young.  We can form relationships that we remember the rest of our lives even if they don't last that long.  Who forgets their first love or first kiss?  


I find myself, now and then, dreaming about those people from my past and often I wake up feeling sad.  I guess I'm sad about the fact that I no longer keep in touch with them, or maybe sad that those days when I was young and full of naive notions has been and gone.  I'm not complaining, it's just an observation.


I think some people hold on to the past a little too long.  It can eat you up inside, so that you don't live for today. They're always living in the past.  It's especially hard to move on in your life when you feel like you've lost something and you have a deep hunger inside to recapture that moment when everything was right.  


Some people are like that about music too.  They hang on to what they love and stop listening to new music. It doesn't fit with what they find comfortable and appealing.  Quite often the music is tied to what they heard and felt in their younger years.  The feeling of the time is really what gives the music meaning to them.  Think of an old song you like and see if there is a memory from your personal history that's linked to it.


It's all about feeling something


Songs get played, sung and listened to in places that are sometimes special and sometimes not.  They only have meaning in the context that they are presented.  You need to feel something, so that you remember.


They don't live in a vacuum.  They are presented somewhere.  Whether it's in a club, or a wedding or when you're feeling blue about someone you lost. 


James







3 comments:

  1. Hi James :) You are right "it's all about feeling" You just inspired me to sing my next SingSnap karaoke song *grins* "Feelings"

    I'm glad you chose Blogger for your blog!! It's The Best !

    There's so much talent you all have ~ Much good luck to you and Big East !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, this has a "Beatles" kind of sound to it. I really like it a lot. Kip is right--is definitely needs to go on your album.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i just sub'd your page on youtube and u added me as a friend didnt realise u were on blogspot nice!! love this song btw

    if u get the time could you check out my blog too?? http://expressive-writing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete