Like US

Thursday, December 23, 2010

September Rain



This is the latest video in the series that we are doing to promote the release of our upcoming EP.  Big East consists of myself (James Jones) on rhythm guitar, Mark Sylvah on lead guitar and Kip Daynard on Piano.  Big East is a vocal group with acoustic instruments.  I guess you would describe us as Acoustic Pop with a twist of retro folk.  We focus on creating original songs, but we also do covers of some of the songs we like from other artists.  The album we're working on is going to be released in 2011 and we will be putting out a free EP (extended play) early in 2011.  We have plans to do some touring locally and in and around Ontario in 2011 and we'd be happy to see you out to hear us live.  Please mention that you have seen us in one of these videos.

September Rain is a song that Mark and I wrote beginning back in September of 2009.  Mark came up with the little guitar riff you hear throughout the piece and it caught my ear.  I spent a couple of weeks writing lyrics and settled on the "Rain" theme one morning while I was staring out my window at the September Rain.

This is the first song that Mark and Kip and I sang together and I think it was when we realized we had an interesting vocal harmony.  Truly a situation where the whole is greater than the some of the parts.  I home you enjoy September Rain.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment